Stood Up

4:15.  It was early, but I agreed.  I even got permission to leave work a little early to make it on time.  

4:15.

I drove in the pouring rain down the highway, thinking of things to say.  Things I wanted him to know.  

I wouldn't say I was nervous.  It's not my first time or anything.  But these situations, they're always a little nerve-racking.  You're just never sure how they are going to go.  

I arrived a couple minutes early.  I always do.  I checked in with LM to see if he was okay.

I sat.

I waited.

I saw a couple people I knew.  I could tell they wanted to ask why I was there but resisted.  

I hate sitting alone.

Someone asked if they could help me.  Could they get me anything?  No.  He wasn't that late.  Yet.

Finally, someone checked for me.  He wasn't there.  Wasn't going to be there.  They assured me he must feel terrible.  There was surely some valid reason.

I was stood up.

It's not the first time I've been stood up and it certainly won't be the last.




But I didn't expect it from the principal of LM's school.  I guess I'll have to wait awhile longer to discuss LM's academics and how we can keep him challenged this year.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Just when I was starting to feel bad for you....geez!

Popular Posts