It's a Good Thing We Get There By Grace

I babysit five kids everyday to supplement my piddly summer school income. While most of the time is all fun and games, I do make the kids read for half an hour after lunch every day to keep their brains from completely rotting over the summer break.

Leading by example, after the lunch dishes are cleaned up, I hunker right down with the roomful of kids and pick up a book myself. Lately, I've been fascinated by Randy Alcorn's book, Heaven. I was particularly intrigued by the chapter I was reading the other day on Alcorn's take on the question, "Will there be dinosaurs in heaven?" After consulting the Scripture he cites and listening to his reasoning, I admit, I got a little excited at the idea that we might someday ride a Tyrannosaurus Rex (they would be tame and herbivores, of course). I leaned over to George, (sitting nearby reading How to Eat Fried Worms), and whispered, "Wouldn't it be awesome if we could ride dinosaurs in Heaven?"

George replied, "Wouldn't they eat us?"

"No," I said, "no one is going to be mean and kill anybody in Heaven. Besides, we can't die when we're in Heaven."

"So they wouldn't eat us?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Oh," replied George with a smile. "Then I'd kick him in the leg!"

Romans 3:23-24 "...for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came through Jesus Christ."

Comments

Popular Posts