Just Practicing

I know, I haven't been around. I haven't posted, I haven't been reading, I haven't been commenting. Truth is, I'm practicing. Well, not intentionally. Actually the one working computer we have in this house was taken over by the Romans. Well, a project on the Romans anyway. But in all actuality, not having access to a computer at home for much of the last week is really just a practice run for this summer. You see, in a week, I will no longer have a home computer. In fact, in a week, I will have no computer at all. For the summer.

My computer died several months ago. I had problems with it that I was going to get fixed until the power jack quit working for the second time and I declared that no more money was going into that stinkin thing. So it sits. Dead. On my hope chest. But it's hopeless.

And in a week, LM will be off to PA (and TN, too) and I won't see him or his ever-working despite being ancient computer until the end of the summer.

So, my dear Inter Nets, this is me, posting for about the last time in awhile. And while there is a part of me that is already starting to twitch at the very thought of not having daily access to email, I have to say, that I've been thinking a lot about how impersonal my life has gotten with the aid of technology and this summer challenges me to actually use the PHONE or to visit people IN PERSON which are radical concepts if you are anyone besides my sister.

Before I go, however, I have a few posts to get caught up on. With that, read on.

Comments

stacy said…
oh no! i will miss you and your blog! and who will read my blog? did you realize that you make up half of my readership? (the other half is my mother.) lol.
Sarah Louise said…
the library? Does your public library not have public access computers?

At least for email.
Jennifer said…
You cannot leave us, dear Eliza Jane! I have missed your reparte as of late, and was just getting ready to comment on how many posts you must have been saving up over the last few weeks! No, you are not allowed to be without a computer, and I demand that you find one so that you can stay in touch with those of us that have forgotten how to use phones, or that do not have your phone number... You will be missed, but you'd better not be gone for more than the summer or, so help me, I will hunt you down...in Michigan (which would mean we'd have a chance to go visit that Air Zoo :)).

Have a great summer!!!!

Popular Posts