The Secrets of a Fire King - Edwards

This compilation of short stories was written by the author of "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" and given to me to read recently by my second mom with the caution that only a few of the stories were actually any good, but it was worth a read nontheless.

I couldn't agree more. For the most part, I didn't enjoy the stories. For some, the topics were just so distant from my life that I couldn't find a way to relate to the characters or the point or the environment. But there were a couple that seemed to provoke my interest and held my attention through the few short pages.

All in all, I wouldn't run out and buy this book, but if you had the chance to flip through it and browse a few of her stories, you might find one or two that struck your fancy.

Comments

Popular Posts