Hi.  My name is Eliza.  It has been 26 days since my last post. 

Sigh.

I am so sorry.  The holidays have passed; our one year anniversary has passed; nearly all of January has passed and I have no blogs to show for it! 

Here's my recap:

The holidays were wonderful.  It was amazing to have a family of three altogether celebrating Christmas together!  The Mister got me an amazing new camera (I know, I KNOW, there should surely be PICTURES then, shouldn't there?!?), I got him a new tool chest for the garage.  We bought Flash a fridge and microwave for his dorm room (yikes) as well as some computer parts he wanted.  (Side note: within an hour of the last package being opened, Flash had completely assembled his own computer from scratch. Amazing!)

Celebrating our first anniversary was wonderful, too.  In true martial fashion, we originally planned on a night away and dinner out, but downsized the celebration so we could put the funds into our vacation account for the summer.  Welcome to married life!!  :)  The Mister sent me the most beautiful arrangement of flowers and cooked us all New York strip steaks for dinner.  I got him...a card.  Yeah, I know.  But the first anniversary is paper, right?!? 

Last weekend was a huge moment in all our lives...FLASH GOT ACCEPTED TO COLLEGE!!  He submitted his application in the middle of October to State and just finally heard last Saturday that he was accepted there.  He's still waiting on news from two other schools, but at least has the relief that he has somewhere to go in the fall.  (We assured him he was going SOMEWHERE...)

The real reason I am completely AWOL from life lately is grad school.  In a word, grad school is a bitch.  I hate it.  I hate everything about it and everything I have to do for it.  I hate that it's not something I want to do, it's something I have to do to keep my teaching license.  UGH!  In any case, I'm almost halfway through the program and the next couple of months are really the most intense, so hopefully I will survive. 

If grad school wasn't making me cranky, the weather sure would be.  We have had four snow days already and still the potential for more this week with temps significantly below zero.  If you're reading this from Minnesota, or any location north of Michigan, my hat is off to you.  I have no idea how you stay sane.  The Mister and I spend all our time talking about moving to Kentucky (not too hot, far less cold, still mountains and hills to see...) We would leave today if either of us had employment there. 

So that's my recap.  It's not exciting, but I didn't want to look back years from now and wonder what the void was all about.  Grad school people.  Avoid it at all cost.

Comments

Popular Posts