Break-up + power outage at school means I have time on my hands and no constructive place to use it. Translation? I'm in chick-flickville! Not usually my style, I'll admit, but desperate times call for...well, Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Anniston, apparently. I wouldn't normally tout wisdom from such flicks as something to set your sails to, but I have to admit, this sort of resonanted with me. I quote, "Figure out what you want and learn how to ask for it." I thought I would give it a go. Ready?

I want tootsie pops without the sticks.

I want furry pets that don't shed all over my carpets.

I want to get thin without trying.

I never want to start my snowblower again.

I want more money in the bank.

I want new windows before winter.

I want to go out to eat where there is great live music.

I want to teach third grade again next year.

I want gas to be under $2 a gallon again.

I want my teenager to get a job.

I want my pine tree to be cut down, chopped up and removed from my premises immediately.

I want to be 29 again.

I want a hammock.

I want the government to decide what NFL/NBA players get paid and I want the salaries the players currently believe aren't high enough.

I want a politician who says s/he is an advocate for children to actually ADVOCATE FOR CHILDREN.

I want all my far-away friends to live nearby.

I want to go somewhere new for vacation.

I want to be invited to a BBQ so I can take this great broccoli salad I discovered this summer.

I want mascara that doesn't smudge all over my eyes minutes after I put it on.



It's Chick-Flick Philosophy, but hey, it was worth a shot, right?

Comments

Popular Posts