In Summary

I won't try to catch you up, I'll just say this:

1. I'm actually not without a computer for the summer thanks to the generosity and thoughtfulness of my dad. I haven't been posting for lack of anything to discuss, really. LM is gone for the summer; Birdy and George were in TN for three weeks; I'm jobless; there is just nothing to post about that could be considered entertaining.

2. I still have six weeks until LM is back home, so it remains The Topic That Shalt Not Be Discussed. I miss him. Enough said.

3. It is amazing how far you can stretch a dollar when you simply don't drive anywhere. A grocery store and post office within walking distance have kept my monthly gas budget at a fifth of what it was during the school year.

4. It is even more amazing the changes in my life from a year ago at this time. I won't dwell, only to say, I was in a miserable job last year at this time, wanting to move and not at all sure how to do it. EVERYTHING is different now.

5. Perhaps most amazing of all is the things you will do when you are bored out of your mind. Things that include going back on your promise to yourself that you will never EVER subscribe to the personals again. (shush, you in the back!) Briefly: a reluctant first date, a walk along the beach on the second date, a decision to go our separate ways on Wednesday, a heartfelt conversation on Thursday and a date nearly every night since.

6. There's still six more weeks of summer. Prayers are still welcome. For all of the above!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I knew you'd be blogging again soon. . .

Jules
Katrina said…
I've missed your voice! Prayers there shall be. I'm hoping the Brief Dating Situation Wrap-up will unfold at some future time into a longer post...
Katrina said…
Okay, nix that last thing I said. I really should read ALL the posts before I comment!
SlushTurtle said…
Woohoo! I'm so glad you're back!!!
Jennifer said…
Yeah...you're back...and dating!!! So glad to hear from you again :)
Sarah Louise said…
So this was the same guy? I think I've caught up to where I left off. Summer as a children's librarian is the exact opposite of a teacher. So I have one brain cell today as Summer Reading ends.

Has been lovely catching up. Will be tuning in for more.

xo,

SL
Hillary said…
Woooo! I'm catching up (it's been SO long!) I'm looking forward to the dating stories, too, and from Katrina's comments, it sounds like there's more to come!...

OK, I'm gonna stop here before I make a fool of myself (probably already have! tee hee!)

Popular Posts