So That Would Be How Many Square Miles?

I love when The Mister sings.  Whether it is Johnny Cash on his Sunday morning classic country station, Hank Williams while he hangs drywall in the basement, classic rock while we play cards or a little Quiet Riot while we run errands in the truck, he is usually singing along with whatever is on. He once even serenaded me with "What's Up Pussycat?" while traveling, making me laugh so hard I was crying.

Yesterday, it was Def Leppard that was on while we ran errands together.  The Mister, doing his best 80's-band-lead-singer impersonation, was jamming out, "I don't want to touch you too much baby.  'Cause making love to you might drive me crazy" he sang.  "I know you think that love is the way you make it, so I don't want to be there when you decide to break it, No! Love bites!  Love bleeds!  It's bigger than Germany..." he belted out in the truck.

"Wait, what did you just sing?" I asked.

"It's bigger than Germany"

"Love is bigger than Germany?"

"Yeah, you know, it's not small like Rhode Island..." he said, realizing maybe he had the lyrics slightly wrong.

"But your love isn't as big as Texas.  Just Germany!?!?"

"What do you think it says?" he asked incredulously.

"It's bringing me to my knees." I replied.

"Well, yeah, maybe that's what they sing NOW, but the original version was all about Germany.  You see..."

Ah, yes, only The Mister can justify his mistaken lyrics. At least I know he loves me more than Luxembourg.  

Comments

Popular Posts