Making Out Like a Bandit

Flash I spent the first part of spring break in TN before he flew to Virginia to see his dad and extended family on that side.  His dad was kind enough to put some money in his bank account, should he need something from the airport to eat along the way.  We headed back to MI early on the morning Flash was to fly out, so my dad was kind enough to take Flash to the airport and see him off to Virginia.  Wanting to make sure he could get something in a rush if his connecting flight was too close to stop for long, I tucked some cash into Flash's hand before I left.

Last night, after returning back home from all his travels, Flash was talking about what he might do with his "loot".  I inquired as to what "loot" this might be exactly.  He fessed up that he didn't have time to eat at the airport and so he had some money "leftover".  I suggested perhaps he return the $40 I had given him, since he didn't need it for the intended purpose.  He was a bit reluctant, as you might guess.

It was a few minutes later when he was talking about some ideas he had for the money that I stopped him for further questioning.  "You're going to buy all that with my $40?"

Well, no, he confessed.  With my $40 and the $80 from his dad that he hadn't used either.

"You're going to take our $120 and run with it?!"  I exclaimed.

"Actually, I'm going to use $140.  Papa slipped me a twenty before I got on the plane."


I think we've all been robbed.  Let's hope the funds go towards fire retardant materials for his science project as suggested by his mother and not towards a new video game.

Comments

Popular Posts