Not Quite What I Meant

"Flash, you know, I didn't really expect this driving thing to be quite so hard on me."

"What do you mean, Mom?"

"Well, I remember quite clearly, how difficult it was to endure you learning how to ride a bike. It was one of the most painful things I went through as a mother. Luckily, it only took a few days. I guess I thought teaching you how to drive would be difficult, but the difficulty would be short-lived, like the bike-riding was. You had it mastered in about three short days."

"Yeah, but I sure fell a lot in those three short days."

"But that's part of learning, Flash. When you learned to walk, you fell and you got up. You fell, and you got up. When you learned to ride a bike, you fell and you got back on the bike, you fell and you got back on. It's just part of the process."

"So what you're saying, Mom, is that to learn how to drive I need to crash over and over?"

"Um, not exactly, no."


Comments

Popular Posts