Thanksgiving

I know I'm a few days late on my Gratitude List, but when your one and only computer spent the vacation in Pittsburgh, well, some things have to be put on hold.  But here it is:

1.  For my salvation.  No matter what challenges life throws at me, I know I will have an eternal life in Heaven and that this life is only the blink of an eye in comparison.  I am so grateful that I serve a Loving God and that he thinks of me not only as His precious child but as His inheritance!

2.  For LM.  I'll admit, I wasn't sure I was even going to stop the car in Ohio to drop him off, I was thinking more of opening the door and giving him a big shove (let's just say he left out some key details in the planning of the drop off, further aggravating his already parentally-exhausted mother) but it's just not the same around here without him.  There were some things I was able to do easier while he was gone, but overall, I missed having him with me for the holiday.  As he sits beside me on the couch playing Star Wars on the PS2, all feels right again with the world (even if he did cause further complications during the pick up in Ohio today due again, to the oversight of key details).

3.  For living here in Michigan.  Yes, I hate the winter and it's certainly upon us, but I was able to spend Thanksgiving at my sister's, and then again, most of the day Friday vegging (well, I vegged, my sister never vegges) on Friday and I'll be back out there a couple times this week to celebrate birthdays.  It's really wonderful to see them more often than ONLY at the holidays.

4.  For the rest of my family that isn't here in Michigan.  My dad and brother, with full bellies and generous spirits, they spent a chunk of their Thanksgiving day laying out a plan of attack for MY Black Friday shopping.  

5.  That TB introduced us to such a wonderful, loving church this summer.  As I walked alone into services on Thursday, several people asked with concern where my son was and I was invited to more than one Thanksgiving dinner when they feared I was alone for the holiday.  It was a wonderful reminder of all the love and support that abounds within Christ's Church!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!  May we learn to express gratitude every day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Seriously. . .I was pretty vegged on Friday. . I really didn't do a lot - at least I TRIED! LOL Loved having you here too. . .it's such a great feeling to say - see you tomorrow and we do realize the sacrafices that you made to allow us to say "see you tomorrow" and are thankful for those! Jules

Popular Posts