The Beginning

So, you've come to the beginning of my blog. It doesn't feel like much of a beginning, does it? There's no introduction, there's no foundation, it just jumps right in and starts spewing information. Well, that's pretty much me.

But I thought, in retrospect, that a small introduction might be polite. If you decided for whatever reason to come all the way back to the start, you certainly came here expecting something and I'd like to at least give you a token gift in return.

So here it is, my new beginning. Written two and a half years after this blog started but hey, who's to know that (except that I just told you).

The truth is, this isn't really the beginning. My blog didn't start here and it didn't start with this post. It started elsewhere but I eventually uprooted it and moved it to its new home and during the move I tossed some posts that just didn't seem important or relative anymore. To some that goes against all the rules of blogging, but in my blogland, there are no rules so it doesn't bother me that some of my writing is now long gone. It wasn't that good to begin with.

That's another thing you should know. I don't write because I believe I'm at all good at it. Truth is, 99% of all of this is just plain drivel, but I write because I find it to be cathartic. And, if I'm still being honest, I love getting emails from complete strangers saying they laughed or cried or thought deeply about one of my posts, even if they laughed when I had intended them to cry, or they thought deeply about something I meant to be simply funny. It's still email.

But if you came here and you read but you never commented, that's okay, too. Because if you haven't noticed, this blog isn't about you (well, okay, some of you it IS about, but that's cause you dared to be my friend or you're stuck with me through blood). Comment if you like, stay silent if you prefer. In any case I hope you enjoy reading at least something along the way.

Just remember, to me, it's not about the end result. It's not about producing some significant work of writing. It's always about the journey. And this blog is all about my journey. My journey didn't start here, you just jump in to my life in my mid-thirties after so much has already happened and so much has yet to occur. Along the way you'll get some of the history. I try to let you in on the necessary details along the pathway.

But, let's get on with it, shall we? The beginning isn't anything significant, it was just a place to start. And this here is where this part of my journey began. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts