He Calls it Helping

Last weekend The Mister and I decided not to tackle any big projects (like building a cow shelter, or getting a cow...) but instead, to just hit a few small projects that have been on the to-do list for awhile.  The Mister took down all the blinds in the kitchen, living and dining rooms.  We said when we moved in that we'd give those blinds a year and then, if we didn't use them they were coming down.  Eighteen months later, they came down.  He also did some work on my oven racks as they seem to have mysteriously shrunk in the last couple months (or my oven has expanded) so that they slide off the rails at the most inconvenient times.  (It took sliding off and landing in The Mister's pizza on the bottom rack that got this item a higher priority on the "to-do" list.)

We also decided to tackle the illogical laundry room shelves, that included a pull-out drawer installed by the previous owners that just seemed to take up valuable sorting and folding space.  This project required a little more know-how than I seemed to possess, mainly to get the brackets to release the shelves.  The Mister offered his assistance.  "How do I get this tab to release so I can move this shelf?" I asked after trying for several minutes to figure it out and succeeding only in hurting my fingers.

"Well," came the reply, "you need a very persuasive tool."  And off he went to fetch such a tool.  He came back and handed me a screwdriver.  I climbed on top of the dryer so I could get a better angle on the tab.  The Mister decided this was a fine time to put his hands on my ass.

 "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Helping!" Was his snarky reply.  "What?!?" He said, "I have a very persuasive tool!"

This is why things stay on the to-do list for so long before getting done.

Comments

Popular Posts