How A College is Chosen

Flash and I are off on our first college visit next week.  We decided to start with the Mother of all choices  - University of Michigan - and, in my humble opinion, leave all others as obvious lesser options.  Might as well start with the best and know that from the start.

We've had a couple people try to sway our opinion already - WG is a Spartan through and through (although, if you remember, he did accompany us quite willingly to the Big House and even wore blue and maize for the occasion).  A respected colleague gave us a good recommendation about State, and while that might have sparked some interest, it didn't sway me from my Wolverine Mom status.

Today, however, I was informed that all bets are off.  Flash has determined that he is absolutely, without a doubt a Spartan.  I had no idea a mother's dreams could be dashed so easily.  I was not at all prepared for how quickly his mind became made up.  I certainly was not aware that he could base this life-changing decision on a single course offering.  I was forgetting who we were talking about - Flash.

MSU Offering Class on How to Survive the Zombie Pandemic

I can't make this up.  According to the website, ecorazzi.com, Michigan State is offering an online course teaching students "how to survive a zombie outbreak".  "Students will be separated into small groups of 'survivors' and receive information about the crisis situation."

Flash is already giddy about the idea of taking this class and he's two years away from entering college.

I hope Sparty knows how to fend off a zombie attack.  Personally, I'd rather Hail to the Victors and trust a Wolverine in the Apocalypse.  It doesn't matter, I think I just got out voted.

Check out the course description video - (as if Flash wasn't hooked already - just wait until he sees this)


Comments

Popular Posts