At Least He Has That Part Down

I was talking with my sister tonight and during the conversation, I mentioned a text message I had received asking if I might want to go out on a date on Saturday. A couple moments into her response, she began whole-heartedly laughing.  Quick to clarify that she wasn't laughing at me at the thought that I might receive such a request, but that she was laughing at George, she put the boy on the phone to share with me what made his mother laugh so hard.

In his calmest, more serious very nearly eleven-year-old-voice of reason and wisdom he said, "I don't know much about dating, but I do know about breaking up.  You say, 'I'm sorry, this just isn't working out.  It's not you, it's me.  Maybe we can still be friends.' "

I think at eleven, he's far better at this dating thing that I am. 

Comments

Popular Posts