I just finished watching "Grosse Pointe Blank" with Flash. Oh, don't even start the lecture, I'm well aware of the senseless violence, profanity and all out crazy plot. BUT, if you think about it, there is no John Cusak-ish actor in his life that will bring him these crazy movies. We grew up with Cusak movies!

Sigh.

In any case, we both laughed our butts off. Flash kept pausing the movie to quote the line they just said, but he was often laughing too hard to even get the words out.

When it finished, Flash announced that he will most certainly be watching this movie over and over again (we have it on Netflix instant so it's free). I said, hold on a minute!

"You may watch it again if you can tell me where on the mitten (when a Michigander holds their hand up to show you where they live, they call it 'the mitten') Detroit is."

Let's just say Flash had no idea.

So we had a little discussion about where WE live on the mitten.

Again, there was little to no idea.

I'm not sure if the state of PA were shaped like my hand if Flash could point out where we lived there, either, but this is frightening me.

(I just quizzed him. He can indeed mostly identify where we lived in PA and was even able to tell me what state we used to live right next to (New Jersey for those of you that don't know where we came from. And I'm even further relieved that when I just asked him what state is to the north of Michigan, he was able to tell me with certainty that it's Canada. Whew. There is hope yet. Not much, but some.)

Comments

jenny said…
You may live on a mitten but I? Live in the armpit of Massachusetts. Geographically speaking but so named by our Michiganite friends.

I haven't seen that movie for years...will add it to the queue!

Popular Posts