An Answer

I've been praying for God to give me an answer and today He did.

The house is not to be ours. At least not right now.

The homeowners are in way over their heads and are going to have to go through the process of foreclosure. It's a long process, but perhaps months down the road, if we're still interested, there might be another window for us to express an interest.

In the meantime, I'm taking a break from the search. I'm emptying my house of the boxes we've collected and I am going to take some of the saved money and pay off my car.

But I know God has a great plan for us, and I know that it is better than we can imagine.

I know this.


But for a few moments tonight, when I am normally praying that God would help me to know what to do with this house, I just might cry. But only for a moment. Only for a moment.

Comments

Katrina said…
I'm so sorry the house didn't work out for now. Even in the midst of a deeper peace about the answer, I'm sure it's disappointing, too. *hugs*
Cindy said…
You're so optimistic, I learn so much from reading you. You truly find the silver lining to every cloud. Thank you.
jenny said…
Aw, damn.

I know that the whole "when one door closes" thing might not be all that comforting right now but it didn't get to be a cliche for nothing.

Thinking of you & Hoping Flash enjoyed his party :)
Jennifer said…
Oh Amy, I am so sorry to hear this news. I was so hoping that you'd be posting a different perspective! And, since we are currently walking this same road, I can say, without reservation, that God will lead you if you keep your focus on Him and His best for your life! I know there is a special little home, just for you & Flash :) Maybe your timing is a little off and this house will be your home...just maybe ;)

Popular Posts