The seller's finally counter-offered 6 days later (and well past the deadline). The counter was ugly. They gave not an inch. It would seem they are in quite a bind, owing significantly more than the house is worth.
So here I sit.
I've been praying that God would be very clear about what He wants me to do. Without a shadow of a doubt, I knew this was the right house, but I don't know if this is the right time. We're kind of pushing things to get in and I hate to jump into a mortgage when I'm working 10 months out of the year at a silly hourly rate without benefits. But, then again, I have done the math and believe we can make it work, even if it is a tight budget.
I guess I just don't know what God is saying. I'm trying to be still and listen but my heart is saying I LOVE THIS HOUSE and my head is saying ARE YOU CRAZY?! and my soul is saying, God takes care of things when it is done for His glory, and well, I'm left with a whole bundle of I know not what to do's.
What would make this easier? If there was any hope that I'd be teaching full-time in the fall (but local districts are laying off). If I had a bit more money in the bank than I do. Even if I had a part-time job that just brought in a little extra cash.
So I'm praying and I'm thinking and I'll have to get back to the seller in a couple of days but until then, I'm waiting on God. And I'm hoping He speaks loudly.