In a Blink

At this time all those years ago, I wasn't even on my way to the hospital yet.

Today I've already been to Blockbuster (Wii games and movies) and the grocery store (homemade pizza - birthday boy's dinner choice).



At this time 13 years ago, I was trying to convince my dad it didn't matter what their original plans were for coming down to see the baby, I was five days past due, I was having contractions and there was going to be a baby SOON.

Today, I am trying to convince Flash that even though it IS time for the guests to arrive, they might not be right on time and his pacing isn't helping matters.



13 years ago I had a bag packed for the hospital with neutral -colored newborn clothes and some comfortable post-delivery clothes for me.

Today, Flash has chips, soda, pizza, ice cream, games, movies and and a laptop. I have 2 movies, a laptop and a book all waiting in my room (for when the boys deem me too "uncool" to hang with them in the living room.)



This time thirteen years ago I was a nervous wreck about the next 12 hours of labor (which turned out to be about 5 hours of labor - and no, that's not always better.)

Today I'm a nervous wreck about the next 15 hours of PARTAY in this small apartment.



13 years ago I hadn't slept well in months, I was achey and tired and really grouchy and I just wanted a good night's sleep.

Today, I feel like the past couple of weeks have lasted a year, that I've aged and stressed and worried enough for a lifetime and that all I want is a good night's sleep.



13 years ago, at 12:31 on May 2nd, the doctor handed me a beautiful, healthy boy, my little Mr. Wrinkles (he's had a lot of nicknames in his lifetime).

Today, I look UP to talk to Flash, laughing about the antics of our days and sharing his excitement over a party with friends, gifts and celebrating the life that has brought me the most joy during mine.



Let the ParTAY begin!! (and may it never end - metaphorically, of course. At some point, I really DO want some sleep!)

Comments

Popular Posts