I Still Haven't Learned

I ruined my first engagement story.  Not that it was heaping with romance to begin with, but I certainly didn't help matters when I kept demanding to see my ring.  (In my defense, I honestly believed he was proposing to me with the family diamond in its original setting and not the setting we had picked out together for my ring.) For weeks after, through all the retellings of how he proposed, I always had to admit to sounding like a superficial, materialistic, demanding fool.  Always the way you want to come across as a new fiancée.

With a second proposal looking like more and more of a possibility, I vowed to not repeat this mistake, an objective that seems easy enough considering there isn't a family diamond to be dealing with this time around.

Little did I know, however, when I picked out the general look of the ring (WG picked out the actual ring) that it would take four weeks to be "hand crafted" in California.  Anyone who knows me knows that patience is not a virtue I have in abundance.  As the weeks have ticked by, and no romantic down-on-one-knee proposal has occurred, I have found myself muttering more than once, "I wish my ring would get here!  Where is it?"  Until I realized that I was repeating the same mistake all over again.

Sigh.  It really has nothing at all to do with the bling, I swear!  I am just so excited to tell everyone and to get married that I am impatient for the ring that proclaims it to the world!

But seriously, where is that darn ring?!

Comments

Popular Posts