Six Years

o
You know how it feels, glass in hand, taste on your lips.  There are probably people around, but each slow sip you take holds your attention, reminds you to savor not just the taste but the moment.  Stress, worry, anxiety, to-do's, should-have-done's, all fade like pressed petals in your mom's Bible.  Laughter comes easily, a flirtatious wink, a knowing smile, a familiar anecdote, you are here, you are alive and you are full of all things wonderful, powerful and passionate.

It's how you make me feel - like that glass of Jameson in your hand.  There might be people around, but you narrow my focus to what's important, to what matters - to us.  The day melts away like the ice in your glass and I can't even recall what worried me earlier. You make me smile, make me laugh, make me want to hear the familiar story one more time, especially the way you tell it.  I am alive, I am powerful and together, we are passionate - about us.

Happy sixth anniversary, Chief!

Comments

Popular Posts